- I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio….never mind our river was set ablaze, we have a great ethnic food scene!
- I grew up in the carnival. My parents had rides, games, food, the whole lot of it. But no, I don’t smell like cabbage (well maybe sometimes). I worked in the family business for almost 20 years. “Step right up, step right up, we got cot-ton can-dyyy, corn dOOgs, French friiies, caramel ap-ples, POP cooorn. Whose next, whooose next?
- I received my BA in Anthropology in 2002, followed that with a nutrition certification and then became a registered yoga teacher in 2007. I know, what a hippie…
- I joined the Peace Corps in May 2010 and am living in the Fiji islands in the South Pacific until July of 2012. Fiji was once called the Cannibal islands….I will NOT be re-establishing that tradition!
- If this were an interview and they asked me “What is your biggest weakness?” I would have to reply “anything that has to do with exact measurements.” I’m allergic to numbers so I do my best to report the correct amount. While I’m not a math-maestro I am a stickler for reproducibility.
- My favorite food is the endlessly versatile coconut…thankfully no shortage of that in Fiji.
- I express love through food, so I hope you have a big appetite.
Ditch your fork so you can enjoy the experience of eating with your hands!
Click on the “home” tab and see what I’ve been cooking.